Sunday 11 October 2020

Tinder – why I have deleted it

While I last updated on how I was doing with a dating application, I was about to meet up with Girl 10, Natalia. That affection lasted merely 10 days, yet was the most intensive of all lived through this year. The chemistry was in the air from our first date which lasted 3 hours, up until the fifth one. She was 7 months younger than me, held an executive position in one of worldwide corporation, besides was damn smart, inquisitive, businesslike and beautiful (176 centimetres tall, slim, long, blond hair). Going out with her boosted my ego (though I had not planned it), as such woman raises the bar high and very few males could live up to her expectations. I did not feel inferior on account of having a senior rank-and-file position and earning half of what she earned and not driving an Audi A6 being her company. Her approach to relationships, especially her actually unfinished relationship with her ex-boyfriend have prompted me to give up on it. I felt relief after telling we there was no point in meeting any more. Emotionally, I have come out of that affection burnt and bruised. I dug up dirt of my previous relationship or other events I had considered to be closed chapter. Yet, those 10 days gave me a very precious lesson of how I should not feel like while by somebody’s side.

As I was picking up the pieces, left with little hope of finding somebody to be a match to me, I chatted up Girl 11, also Natalia. She was kind of reserved and therefore we met after 9 days of texting at a café. We talked for 4 hours, then I saw her off to the underground. After that meeting we both thought it could developed into nothing more than a friendship. For some reason we gave it a chance and met two days later at her home, talked for 3 hours more, then hugged and in the middle of a night I drove back home. Then a few days later we spent the entire evening on a Vistula-side beach. We have just let things drift and it has shaped up.

We both realise we differ in terms of education, job, earnings, yet we focus on what brings us together, staying aware of our imperfections.

I appreciate she is straightforward, sincere, trustworthy, has outstanding emotional intelligence and has all makings of a good friend.

After 3 months (we first met on 9 July 2020) I still feel some sort of uncertainty (which is natural, yet vividly communicated by her). Also since we spend a lot of time together, also in each other’s home, it seems this relationship is has lasted longer than actually. Quite early, the time of butterflies in the stomach and honeymoon seems to be drawing to a close (hopefully the affection is not burning out). With prospects of an imminent second lockdown (the recent surge in new infections (5,300 yesterday vs. around 2,400 a week ago) we are considering living together under one roof.

Given the pandemic has sadly spiralled out of control, not only in Poland, but across Europe, I have resolved to resume my pandemic diary, which I wrote between mid-March 2020 and mid-May 2020. The days ahead ought to be saved for posterity. Maybe I am a born pessimist, but I fear the worst. The governors will be forced to choose between economic well-being and mental health of all people at the expense of healthcare brought to its knees or saving lives of elderly people.

No comments: