Sunday 26 August 2018

A flat purchased, finally

I actually signalled two weeks ago the long search might be soon over (the flat I had visited in mid-May), but then I didn’t want to put a jinx on it. Actually the last weeks before signing the notarial deed were frenetic and full of situations when I had to tackles obstacles, especially since the seller was anything but sensible and reliable and by the last moment I could not feel sure the deal would pull off.

I became the owner of a one-bedroom (51 sqm) flat with a cellar and a parking lot in an underground garage on Thursday, 23 August. The flat is located in one the most desired buildings in Ursynów (won’t disclose the exact address, but those familiar with the district might recognise the courtyard), the price was more than moderate, less than steep, but even if I have paid over the odds, so far I am sure this has been a good purchase.

The blocks of flat was completed in 1999, so a thorough renovation is due. The previous owner has recently refurbished the living room (17 sqm) and the bedroom (13 sqm), however walls and the ceiling need one more layer of the new paint. Besides, wooden windows call for replacement (new ordered on Friday), same about sills. Kitchen, bathroom, toilet and hall are in need of comprehensive renovation.

So far I have handled most of formalities, my car (WN plates on) and I are registered in Ursynów which means on 4 November 2018 Mr Jaki will find it by one vote harder to win the mayoral stool in Warsaw. My father and I have demolished most of the kitchen and part of the bathroom. The demolition (easy thing, why wait for builders and pay them) will be continued after a plumber visits the dwelling to replace old valves (currently immobilised in “open” position). I find it hard to estimate the date of moving in, but I suppose this will ensue in November (crew of builders to do the major part of renovation not found yet). Currently I am focusing of emptying the flat (OLX comes in useful), but by the next weekend I should develop a concept of furnishing the flat.

Location-wise and layout-wise the flat is nearly perfect. While spending time there on Friday and yesterday I have felt this is a place I belong, at last.

Note now, as a property owner I will not change my mind and begin to assert property prices are bound to rise. My view on imbalances on the property market stays unchanged. In the long

2 comments:

Michael Dembinski said...

When do you think you'll get your windows?


I put down an 80%(!!!!) deposit on seven windows for my działka in early June and I'm still waiting - the factory is totally overloaded with orders and they're doing the largest ones (ie office blocks) first. I hope to have the windows fitted by late September!

student SGH said...

The windows are to be assembled between 10 and 21 September (20% down payment made on Friday).

Will keep you in the picture whether they meet the deadline. Ordered from a reliable company (my parents used their services several times) in Piaseczno.