Sunday 7 October 2018

Hurriedly, moving on

It’s been a busy week. Lots of work in the New Factory – over the working week I spent more than 50 hours in the office, toiling away at full blast. Until now I am still among those who boycott the Kler which indeed has broken the turnout record of all times. Hats down to everyone who has contributed to that success (audience of more than 900,000 over the first weekend and more than 1,700,000 over the first week); I promise to mend my ways possibly quickly (a business trip to inspect a client’s facilities in Mazury will not help catch up).

The builders have walked in and the remont has kicked off for good. Part of tiles have been ripped off, besides, preparatory plumbing works are under way. The first batch of materials (toilet set, shower booth, all floor and wall tiles) wait in the living room. So far the flat is in a mess, but in the coming days order will begin to emerge from the chaos.

I am pretty confident the very refurbishment (laying tiles, bathroom and toilet fittings, laying floor panels, painting walls and other works) will draw to a close before the end of November, but by that time the flat might not be furnished well enough to inhabit it comfortably.

I have identified three critical points:
1. Wardrobes in the hall and in the bedroom – the measurements might be taken once tiles and panels are laid, the declared time between placing the order and delivery is three weeks. Here there is the chance that even with a headroom for delay they might make it – if wardrobes are put in, storage room for my stuff will be ensured
2. Kitchen furniture – there measurements might be taken once the tiles are laid and I believe lead time will be more than a month (especially after I saw the statistics of numbers of dwellings handed over in 3Q2018).
3. Bed – though I actually could do with a mattress lying on a floor for a while. The kitchen furniture looms as the most critical element, but time will tell…

Weather-wise, autumn is showing its clement face. Temperature yesterday in the sunshine topped more than +20C, today it is expected to be similarly warm as well. Forecasters herald such lovely weather shall continue for more than a week. Being quite short of time I cannot make use of the late-summer weather as I would wish to do so, but may the chill and autumnal gloom come possibly late!

No comments: