Sunday 30 September 2018

Remont - towards the turning point

Time for a concise portion of news from the front. New windows, interior window sills, balcony door doorsteps and external blind roller arrived and were assembled on Wednesday, mere three working days after the promised deadline of 21 September. Except for the rewiring, done by my father, this is the first brand new thing completed in the flat during the refurbishment.

Yesterday the interior door frames were cut away (lot of noise and dirt inside the dwelling) and I finally cleaned the balconies (I had put it back since the purchase until the window replacement was done). Seeing the progress of works has lifted my spirits up, even though tremendous work is still ahead.

On Tuesday removing the tiles is to kick off; some fifty square metres of wall and floor tiles are bound to be ripped off in total. Today, I am heading to DIY shops to finally choose and order new tiles, a shower booth and a toilet set plus the construction materials necessary. The completion and moving in before the last day of November still seems conceivable.

Having a quite busy weekend, therefore I will have failed to boost the turnout in the cinemas during the first weekend of “Kler” (The Clergy) by Wojciech Smarzowski in the silver screen. Impatiently looking forward to seeing the film, but I am not sure whether I would make up over the coming working week. After I see it, I promise to share my impressions.

No comments: