Sunday 9 September 2018

Remont - further steps

Busy, positively tired and stricken with scarcity of time – it’s been me recently. Had to take two business travels this week, on Tuesday to Wrocław and on Wednesday to Kielce, after all more hassle than benefit. Besides, I visited the construction site nearly every day. Upshot: the flat is fully decluttered and by early next week I should make a choice between two crews of builders: one very solid my parents are familiar with, the other recommended by somebody and apparently doing a good job. Oddly enough, both declare they would kick off with works before the end of September (the one my parents know do job only to people they have known, the other have a client who dropped off because of a delay in completion of his new dwelling).

The living room currently is where all tools belonging to my father (whose does the rewiring on his own) and me. The cheap wooden floor panels have been ripped off (by my father and I) and are the only bigger remnant waiting to change hands.

In the bedroom the panels have also been ripped off. The room now only awaits the first crew which will change windows and sills. In the meantime, modification in electric installations are being made.

The kitchen is now empty. The dishwasher and the gas oven, and the rest of furniture were taken away on Friday and on Saturday by their buyers. Tiles will probably be ripped off by builders (hey, note everything so far has been done without paying a single zloty to any fachowiec)!

The bathroom has been emptied of the washing machine, washbasin and other pieces of equipment. The sale of old stuff has fetched a little less than 1,000 zlotys and has left me without a quandary what to do with useless clutter.

Now time to finish concepts how the flat will be furnished, choose the crew of builders and order the first finishing materials. The pace of works so far is dreadfully good, so there is some glimmer of hope I move in by the end of November.

No comments: