Sunday 28 August 2011

Story of my life*

Lit upon this just a moment ago, reluctant to rant over Bernanke's dithering, Poland under construction (maybe next week), independent members of monetary polic council backing a specific party or an insolent lout who said members parliament who hail from the countryside had gone bananas...

Random memories, teenage years, put into sublime words

11 September 2001
It's early fall
There's a cloud on the New York skyline
Innocence dragged across a yellow line

21 May 2011
True love can never be rent
But only true love can keep beauty innocent

20 September 2002
I took the money
I spiked your drink
You miss too much these days if you stop to think
You lead me on with those innocent eyes
You know I love the element of surprise

11 October 2002
Did I ask too much, more than a lot?
You gave me nothing, now it's all I got

12 October 2002
Three o'clock in the morning
It's quiet and there's no one around
Just the bang and the clatter
As an angel runs to ground
Just the bang and the clatter
As an angel hits the ground

5 November 2002
You say when he hits you, you don't mind
Because when he hurts you, you feel alive
Is that what it is?
Red lights, grey morning
You stumble out of a hole in the ground
A vampire or a victim
It depends on who's around

23 January 2003
Carnival
The wheels fly and the colors spin
Through alcohol
Red wine that punctures the skin
Face to face
In a dry and waterless place

14 February 2003
And if you listen I can't call
And if you jump, you just might fall
And if you shout I'll only hear you

14 April 2003
So sad to beseige your love so head on
Stay this time
Stay tonight in a lie
I'm only asking but I...
I think you know

28 June 2003
She runs through the streets
With her eyes painted red
Under black belly of cloud in the rain
In through a doorway she brings me
White gold and pearls stolen from the sea
She is raging
She is raging
And the storm blows up in her eyes
She will...

Suffer the needle chill
She's running to stand...

27 March 2004
You know he got the cure
You know he went astray
He used to stay awake
To drive the dreams he had away
He wanted to believe
In the hands of love

2 April 2004
I'm a man
I'm not a child
A man who sees
The shadow behidn your eyes

5 April 2004
You say love is a temple, love a higher law
Love is a temple, love the higher law
You ask me to enter, but then you make me crawl
And I can't be holding on to what you got, when all you got is hurt

29 June 2004
I want you to know
That you don't need me anymore
I want you to know
You don't need anyone
Or anything at all

28 September 2004
And we live by the side of the road
On the side of a hill
As the valley explode
Dislocated, suffocated
The land grows weary of its own

26 November 2004
And you feel like no-one before
You steal right under my door
And I kneel 'cause I want you some more
I want the lot of what you got
And I want nothing that you're not

18 March 2005
You were pretty as a picture
It was all there to see
Then your face caught up with your psychology
With a mouth full of teeth
You ate all your friends
And you broke every heart thinking every heart mends

You speak of signs and wonders
But I need something other
I would believe if I was able
But I'm waiting on the crumbs from your table

31 May 2005
Listen to me now
I need to let you know
You don't have to go it alone

And it's you when I look in the mirror
And it's you when I don't pick up the phone
Sometimes you can't make it on your own

11 September 2005
Oh, oh, oh...on borderland we run...
And still we run
We run and don't look back
I'll be there
I'll be there
Tonight
Tonight

14 October 2005
The glass is cut
The bottle run dry
Our love runs cold
In the caverns of the night
We're wounded by fear
Injured in doubt
I can lose myself

11 December 2005
Time? time...
Won't leave me as I am
But time won't take the boy out of this man

8 April 2006
No, nothing makes sense
Nothing seems to fit
I know you'd hit out
If you only knew who to hit

14 July 2006
You had to win
You couldn't just pass
The smartest ass
At the top of the class

27 July 2006
Desert sky
Dream beneath a desert sky
The rivers run but soon run dry
We need new dreams tonight

1 January 2007
If I could throw this
Lifeless lifeline to the wind
Leave this heart of clay
See you walk, walk away
Into the night
And through the rain
Into the half-light
And through the flame

If I could through myself
Set your spirit free
I'd lead your heart away
See you break, break away
Into the light
And to the day

To let it go
And so to fade away
To let it go
And so fade away

21 December 2007
Blinded you lost your way
Through the side streets and the alleyway
Like a star exploding in the night
Falling to the city in broad daylight

24 January 2008
It's no secret that a conscience can sometimes be a pest
It's no secret ambition bites the nails of success

7 August 2008
When I first met you girl
You had fire in your soul
What happened to you face of melting now?

25 September 2008
You're in my mind all of the time
I know that's not enough
if the sky can crack
there must be some way back
to love and only love

23 October 2008
One step closer to knowing

24 December 2008
See His mother dealing in a doorway see Father Christmas with a begging bowl
Jesus sister's eyes are a blister ... The High Street never looked so low

3 March 2009
Now this dry ground it bears no fruit at all
Only poppies laugh under the crescent moon
The road refuses strangers
The land the seeds we sow
Where might we find the land as white as snow

1 April 2009
It's not a hill, it's a mountain
As you start out the climb

24 July 2009
At the moment of surrender
I'm falling to my knees
I did not notice the passers-by
And they did not notice me

14 July 2009
You had to win
You couldn't just pass
The smartest ass
At the top of the class

24 Septmeber 2009
I must be an acrobat
To talk like this

10 April 2010
In the wind we hear their laughter
In the rain we see their tears
Hear their heartbeat
We hear their heartbeat

19 May 2010
You can dream
So dream out loud
You know that your time is coming 'round
So don't let the bastards grind you down

31 May 2010
He went deeper into black
Deeper into white
Could see the stars shining
Like nails in the night

22 August 2010
In my dream I was drowning my sorrows
But my sorrows, they learned to swim
Surrounding me, going down on me
Spilling over the brim

4 November 2010
Haven't seen you in quite a while
I was down the hold just passing time
Last time we met was a low-lit room

20 November 2010
Jesus can you take the time
To throw a drowning man a line?

19 March 2011
And it’s already gone too far
You said that if you go in hard
You won’t get hurt

30 June 2011
You had to win
You couldn't just pass
The smartest ass
At the top of the class

25 August 2011
If I could, you know I would
If I could, I would
Let it go...
This desparation
Dislocation
Separation
Condemnation
Revelation
In temptation
Isolation
Desolation
Let it go

* Compiled solely from U2 lyrics

No comments: