Sunday 21 April 2019

My home, my place on earth

Home… not just a place where you reside in but where you celebrate the important moments. Children who fly the nest usually return to their parents’ for Christmas, Easter and other festivals, but only once they raise their own home, they can invite their nearest and dearest to their place. For such reasons, but also to express my gratitude for their aid during the protracting remont, I invited my parents over to celebrate Easter in my new flat.

My parents refused to let me prepare all the stuff and we shared the culinary duties – they brought a vegetables salad and a cake, while I handled the rest. The run-up to the Easter weekend was a nightmare at work (I counted 63 hours worked between Monday 8 a.m. and Friday 3 p.m. with any overtime pay being a Loch Ness Monster), so I was frazzled by the time I set off to cook stuff (fortunately had done most of the shopping in advance). On Thursday, late in the evening, deep under water, I began regretting taking up the task, but eventually I have not given up on the culinary adventure. With hindsight, the satisfaction from playing host to mum and dad was worth it. I could not lose the faith since the place I live in resonates with so much positive energy that it lifts my spirits every time adversities try to get me down.

The very vicinity of my flat is a magical area (the dream dated 2014 coming true, though not as a detached house), at this time of year a marvellous hangout to take a break after lousy time at work.

Just a few snaps from spots located less than a mile from home. A view atop of Górka Kazury, a shot taken on Saturday, an hour before sunset. After scrambling up the hill, one can enjoy views of Ursynów and Las Kabacki splaying out. Sadly, the place in the evening is chock full of visitors, so not the perfect place to contemplate the eternal in solitude.

A pond in Moczydło, on the other side of the Warsaw Underground’s technical track, just on the verge of Las Kabacki. On sunny weekends the place is full or locals. Today before midday few visitors were in sight.

Back to a snap from yesterday’s evening stroll. This is ul. Perkalowa, being actually a beaten dirt track, looking east towards inhabited parts of Natolin and Kabaty. Few people around and fortunately none of them is the legend of the area, Pan Leszek Wojciech, a homeless (allegedly mentally ill) guy one of the vagrant men who have built their huts in the local shrubs and is said to be dangerous to individuals who roam around.

To the right, a photo taken nearly in the same place, looking west against the sun. Trees, copse, sky, nothing else. A venue seemingly untouched by civilisation, yet a mile away from an underground station. Ursynów, I have fallen in love with you!

Ul. Moczydłowska, today’s pic taken while returning from a walk with my parents. The alley has a status of a living street and takes one directly to Las Kabacki (and will serve me in coming months primarily as a route to my parents whom, weather permitting I will be visiting by bike.

This is yet another year when I strengthen my conviction the last decade of April when most trees are in blossom and greenery bursts out for good is the beautiful season of the year. Let the moment last and let’s make the most of it before it’s gone!

No comments: