Thursday 30 April 2009

Victory!!!



I’ve planned to write about something else, but the evening news of the results of enrolment on Master’s Studies took me aback. To my surprise they managed to announce them before May break… Admitted!
Load off my mind, at least I’m exempted from the entrance exam, now I only have to brace myself for dealing with bureaucracy…
I congratulate mostly the 86 ones who got in with average (of grades) higher than mine. For all of us it should be the day when our efforts are finally appreciated…

PS. I’ve noticed that some of national flags all already hoisted, before Labour Day…
1st May – Labour Day, the Bank Holiday being allegedly a legacy of communism, today nobody cares about marches and rallies and nobody pays tribute to the representatives of (hard) working class
2nd May – Since probably 2004 Flag’s Day, in People’s Poland Caretaker’s Day (Dzień ciecia)
3rd May – restored in the early nineties, an anniversary of enactment of Poland’s constitution the second in the world and first in Europe.
But now, above all the period of joy, taking three days off to have nine-day-long vacation (once in a few years), picnics, barbecues and so on…

Live it up! Grumbling comes on Monday!

No comments: