Monday 18 May 2009

An astonishing day…

In the morning firstly I was bowled over by the hoarding of Wojciech Olejniczak – leader of Warsaw list of runners to European Parliament. His big, smiling face brought back his infamous speech during ECOSY conference from March 2007…

Apart from some reasons why I wouldn’t vote for him, there is a crucial one...

Soon after I was once again, waylaid by another canned man, this time trying hard to find a sponsor to stand him a pack of cigarettes… All the passers-by were insensitive to his suffering, finally somebody called him names, then another woman treated with him presidential “spieprzaj dziadu”, refraining from using Jolanta Fedak’s spie…

The next bout of linguistic confusion came in the afternoon. After Friday, when WIG 20 was consolidating (WIG 20 konsoliduje się w piątek), today, the index moved in the sideways trend (WIG 20 porusza się w trendzie bocznym). Both mysterious phrases mean exactly the same – WIG 20 levels off. I only mull over one question – am I so narrow-minded that I goggle my eyes when I see such headlines or do the analysts who write those SE comments have some problems with expressing themselves? I know there’s a specific lingo used in the industry but should it be used on the website aimed at laymen?

No comments: