Sunday 17 May 2009

One quarter on...

This might be the appropriate moment for the first summary… Three months past have passed since I made up my mind and started blogging. Set up on the spur of the moment, the day when indices of Warsaw Stock Exchange and Zloty hit their lows (of course it doesn’t signify I gave a cue to bottom out), initially run in both Polish and English has gradually evolved into English-written blog with some Polish interludes… By choosing non-native writing language I certainly missed my target audience (fellow SGH students) – slightly disappointing, but now there’s no other way but to soldier on… Within three month I produced 43 posts, with time straying further and further away from the key three subject matters given in the title, tilting towards the issues of education, particularly language schooling, translations etc., and it’s going to remain on that course… And unavoidably the “absurd” (originally put as a Polish noun, now fulfilling a role of English adjective) will be still the highest ranked tag. I’m not going to follow some of your suggestion to write shorter posts. My longest ones are for me the least exhaustive and the ones in which I managed only to touch upon the key observations. In the future I’ll be trying to lean rather towards quality than quantity and publish well-thought-out and thought-provoking features. The number of visitors have who popped in since 21 April, when I installed the tracking device exceeded 110, daily readership ranges from 0 to 10. There are lots of one-off, incidental visit from almost all continents, but some readers got into the swing and keep track of my scribble…
I’ll be doing my level best, I promise :)

No comments: