Sunday 21 November 2021

Natolin, November, walk

A lot is going on around. The pandemic is covered by my bi-weekly diary. I could go on about inflation and record-weak Polish currency. I could write a dissertation on a dismal situation on the Polish-Belarusian border. I could come up with a nasty longer comment on the launch of TVP World, a decent competition to Russia Today. I could, but I won’t. I care about what is going on around, but my mind needs to get some rest from what is upsetting me.

So for the record, a photo coverage of my morning walk taken yesterday. 8:30 a.m., end of the second decade of November, sunshine, gusty wind and +10C. Spring in the air, while the winter is coming.

The Park im. Cichociem-nych is due to be revitalised in near future. For no apparent reason, restoration works involve chopping down several trees, a part of the project which many locals oppose. I see no idea why this coppice is to give way to a cycling path, which may run past the trees.

The first work done has been digging up the ground for the cycling path. The progress of works has come to a halt. Since early November nothing more has been done. The desolated area is fenced off and probably waits for the advent of winter.

The base of POW construction site is being wound down. Astaldi workers have taken away the car park and I hope they bring the area back to how it had looked out before machinery came in. I hope the concrete will give way to greenery. In the distance, a tunnel supervision centre and fume let-out chimneys. I wonder if the last section of S2 is opened before Christmas.

The Oczko wodne Moczydło 2 next to Las Kabacki, a hangout for ducks, in the summer a swimming pool for local dogs. Looking at the photo one would find it hard to guess whether it was taken in late November or in late March.

The sun-lit track which connects the underground line to the rest of the world. For more than 2 years I have not spotted a single railcar on it. Looking forward to the news of new underground trains being trundled here to the nearby depot, probably next year.

A rural view of Ursynów. The forest behind, a mown meadow with molehills ahead of me. Tall blocks of the district far in the distance. I am half a mile from home in an entirely rural area. I am glad to have found the place I belong!

For the end of the stroll, at look at ul. Moczydłowska, ultimately freed from motorists parking their vehicles on both sides. After several inspections and wheel blockers put on by the straż miejska, sods have finally learnt that road belongs to pedestrians, cyclists and runners.

No comments: